Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Just for record, My most recent Artist Statement!


Bruce Wong, Chun-bong’s Artist Statement

I, a Hong Kong-er, enthusiast of dance and martial art, have been spending years on researching and extracting the movement ideas from TaiChi and transform into dance. Now, I am interested in bringing these materials to interact with multiple bodies. My most recent work, Keep in touch is based on the ideas of push hand from TaiChi and stick hand from Wing Chun. Also, I would like to expand my research to other kinds of martial arts, such as Jujitsu and Aikido.

I have two extreme feelings about human being include me, which are love and hatred toward the beauty and the ugly of humanity. By crafting my work, I am looking for what is important to me as a dancer, as a martial artist and as a human being. I believe that Taoism maybe the answer, opposition always co-exists.

My works show my statement, they are different every time.
I wish my work share something we all in common but we might never aware of.
I wish my work taste like the authentic Japanese green tea and a strong espresso.
I wish my work like a love song echoes in your mind but also a punch heavily hit on your face.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, this one sounds serious. The previous one looks more cute.